Monday, July 22, 2013

LA Has It // ATL Needs It


After some overdue time spent in the homeland (Los Angeles) last week, I quickly remembered the Southern California things I miss immensely.
While, Atlanta is the best place to be - here is a list of things that will make it just perfect. 

How can we get these things from LA to Atlanta?


1. IN-N-OUT
This was definitely a first stop and always is. 
There is no burger in the world made as well as this & I haven't found a place that can perfect the fries like In-N-Out.
I promise you, Atlanta, you need this.


2. MORE FLEA MARKETS

I've yet to find an ATL flea market that's come close to the Rose Bowl Flea Market in LA.
Take Scott's Antique Mart and add about 100 more booths of amazing finds. 
You never leave the Rose Bowl Flea Market without something in hand, not to mention good things in hand.
We just need a little more umph to our markets.



3. LEMONADE 
Now this was a new spot that I had wanted to try out.
Luckily enough, I was able to squeeze it in last minute (at the airport). 
LAX has now replaced the infamous California Pizza Kitchen with Lemonade in their Delta terminal. 
What a treat.
With an array of 20+ choices, it was hard to decide what to eat. 
Not to mention, the 10 flavors of lemonade to choose from. 
Let's bring this to Atlanta - it will take a year to make it through all of the food options.


4. THE STANDARD HOTEL




Always been a favorite spot of mine both to stay and to socialize. 
An uber-modern hotel, The Standard is such a fun place to be. 
Around every corner is something different, unique and often crazy.
Warby Parker has "The Readery" set up in the LA hotel, which provided some time to physically try on specs. 
If you're ever to visit LA, The Standard is the place to stay or the place to grab a rooftop drink.
We need The Standard in Atlanta - even for its retro city feel.


5. OMUSUBI
Before you judge let me say this is the BEST snack on-the-go
...maybe ever.
If you're a sushi fan then you'll be an omusubi fan. 
Omusubi // Japanese rice balls wrapped with nori (+ any topping of your choice)
I opted for curry chicken & it was superb. 
At a whopping $2.25 - it's quite the deal & truly a quick bite.



5. THE WEATHER (+ beach)

Nothing like that view and nothing like sticking those feet in the sand + water. 
But, absolutely NOTHING like Southern California weather.
I forgot what Summer was like sans humidity.
I must say it's nice to need to lightly bundle at night. 


Los Angeles always holds a special place in my heart.
There is no other city like it. 

But, there is also no other city like Atlanta.
I'm happiest to be here. 
(just bring me an In-N-Out burger...)




5 comments:

  1. That omusubi looks deeeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that drive (PCH) and the winding roads up and through the mountains back to Westlake Village. I miss my Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great piece, I absolutely agree about In-N-Out. In fact when my brothers and I visited there years ago, my brother emailed the corporate office begging then to expand eastward to Atlanta. They did respond saying that they were not looking to expand out of the states they were already in. Oh well. We can keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in n out burger... oh my god, i miss them so much !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived in Maui for a few years, and am absolutely ADDICTED to SPAM musubi (or Portuguese sausage, sweet chili chicken, or actually, any musubi). Only place I can find that has decent musubi in ATL is Waikiki Grill, and the occasional Buford Hwy Asian grocery.

    ReplyDelete