Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beauty Review: Aveda Institute Atlanta




I was in dire need of some change and update with my hair.
My sister came home the other day with a great new haircut from Aveda, so I thought I'd try it out.

I must say that I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to my hair.
It takes a lot for me to trust someone and touch my hair (as it's got a life of its own).
The prices they were running and the experience my sister had were what sold me.




The Institute is not your ordinary salon.
These are students who are earning credits to graduate (a year program).
There are 2 levels of students who can do your hair. Level I / Level II (II being more advanced). Although I thought I had scheduled a Level II, I was surprisingly mistaken. After a moment of anxiety, I let it go and gave the girl free reins to my hair. We went dramatic (blonde to brunette) and everything turned out great.

(a little snapshot of my finished hair)


The perks to getting your hair done here are that the students are constantly being watched...there is zero slacking allowed. A teacher must come over throughout the cut/color to check that everything is going in the right direction. (makes you feel a bit more comfortable). Aside from that they are continuously asking if you need anything and are open to complimentary hand/neck massages (big perk).

The best part - the cost was less than half of what I normally pay. 
(see price list below)



All in all, I would definitely recommend going to the Aveda Institute. If you're willing to pay a tad more request a Level II student. Be patient (both with student & time)! Overall, worth it.


1745 Peachtree St. NE Ste. A
Atlanta, GA 30309
(they just moved, so this new address is different than google maps)
404.649.7119

Rating: 8.5



5 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect, i love Aveda, next time you come to swiss you can visit me, i will show you my Aveda Zurich Institute ;-)

    Grettings Eddine

    PS: Nice Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Jamie shared this blog with me, and after I read this post, I was inspired to book a manicure at the CLT Aveda Institute. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I hope your experience is as good as mine was! Would love to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete